Roanoke Island Festival Park in Manteo will open to the public June 2 with some new procedures in place to help ensure the safety of staff and visitors.
Some of the new protocols include:
- Closing some areas and programs, such as interactive exhibits.
- Installing hand sanitizer stations and increasing the frequency of cleaning high touch
public areas and restrooms.
- Installing protective barriers at ticket sales and information desks.
- Gift shop will be open with limited capacity
Areas that remain closed include:
- Adventure Museum
- Legend of Two Path film
- Below deck access on the Elizabeth II
Visitors are encouraged to follow the “Three Ws” as outlined by the N.C. Dept. of Health and Human Services while visiting the park’s various outdoor venues and museum stores – WEAR a cloth face covering; WAIT in line at least six feet away from others, and WASH hands frequently or use hand sanitizer. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, the park asks that you postpone your visit.
The park will open June 2 at 9 a.m. and will operate on a Tuesday – Saturday schedule from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission is $8 per person and ages 2 and under are free.