A prelude to Raulston Blooms! in-person plant sale, the Arboretum’s online plant sale concludes Friday, April 15, 2022.
On June 10 and 11, JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden combine resources to host the 4th Southeastern Plant Symposium and Rare Plant Auction. This year’s program is live and in-person in Raleigh’s vibrant downtown and internationally online.
“Southeastern Plant Symposium is designed for serious gardeners, people who love plants, nurserymen, nurserywomen, horticulturalists, botanists, plant nerds and plantaholics,” said Weathington. “It’s high-level, featuring many of the world’s top botanical and horticultural experts. If you want to learn about plants, we want you there.”
Expert presenters include:
- Eleftherios Dariotis (aka Liberto Dario on social media), Horticultural genius, Athens, Greece
- Dan Hinkley, Plantsman and founder, Gardens of Windcliff, and Director Emeritus and founder, Heronswood, Indianola and Kingston, WA
- Kelly D. Norris, Gardener, Curator, Artist, and Owner, Three Oaks Garden, nationally renowned garden designer, Des Moines, IA
- Peter Zale, Ph.D., Associate Director of Conservation, international plant explorer, Plant Breeding and Collections, Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, PA
- Tony Avent, Founder and Co-owner, Juniper Level Botanic Garden and Plant Delights Nursery, Raleigh, NC
- Ian Caton, Co-owner, Wood Thrush Natives, Floyd, VA
- Shannon Currey, Marketing Manager, Hoffman Nursery, Rougemont, NC
- Janet Draper, Lead Horticulturist, Mary Livingston Ripley Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC
- Richard Hawke, Plant Evaluation Manager, Chicago Botanic Garden, Chicago, IL
- Hayes Jackson, Urban Regional Extension Agent, Alabama A&M University, Huntsville, AL
- Adrienne Roethling, Executive Director, Paul J. Ciener Botanic Garden, Kernersville, NC
“We hope you’ll join us for two intense days of talks and the chance to visit both JC Raulston Arboretum and Juniper Level Botanic Garden,” said Tony Avent, Founder and Proprietor of Juniper Level Botanic Garden (JLBG). “You’ll have a chance to chat with the speakers and participate in the now famous, Rare Plant Auction.
“Many of the plants in the auction will not be found anywhere else in the world. We want to get plants out wherever we can, conserving them for science and for the benefit of all people.
“We promise you’ll leave with a head full of gardening and new plant information you’ve never imagined,” added Avent.
Southeastern Plant Symposium is presented by Proven Winners ColorChoice Flowering Shrubs.