At this time, the only upcoming date Social Security will be coming to the YMCA is Tuesday, June 28th, 2022.
Unlike in the past there will not be a large orientation and a general line. Only students who have a scheduled appointment will be processed. There will be no walk-in appointments available. Please come at your designated timeslot only. We have added additional appointment spaces for June 28th.
We request that employers assist your students by signing up your participants at the following link: Appointment Sign-up Link
If you are unable to schedule an appointment on one of these two days, here are the alternate directions to visit the Social Security office in Elizabeth City:
1. You must call and make an appointment for your students prior to visiting the Elizabeth City office.
2. Call the office at 866-572-2819 and provide SSA with at least the following information:
- Caller’s name
- Call back phone number
- Name of the Employer
- How many applicants will be coming to apply for an original SSN
4. Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Form DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J1) Status)
Step 1: Sign-up for a social security appointment at the YMCA or in Elizabeth City.
Step 2: Complete the online application by visiting the website at www.socialsecurity.gov.
Step 3: Participants MUST bring their Online Control Number identifier, along with their documents to their appointment.