In January 2020, the federal government declared a public health emergency (PHE) due to COVID-19. For Food and Nutrition Services (FNS), the PHE allowed recipients to receive the maximum allotment for their household size. While we do not know when the PHE will end, USDA wants to help recipients understand any potential impacts and steps they can take to be ready.
Individuals who receive food and nutrition services – What do you need to do today?
- Report all changes, including updating address and other information to Dare County Department of Health & Human Services’ Social Services Division at 252.475.5500
- Do not miss important benefit communications – provide a current mailing address, phone number and contact information to the Dare County Department of Health & Human Services’ Social Services Division
- Report any life changes to the Dare County Department of Health & Human Services’ Social Services Division as these may impact beneficiary coverage
- Check your mail – Dare County Department of Health & Human Services’ Social Services Division will send a notice if any information is needed. It is very important to respond if you are asked for information .
The COVID maximum automatic supplement payments are due to end once the PHE ends. You will continue to receive your regular FNS monthly benefit allotment for your household size.
Other ways to stay informed:
- Follow NorthCarolina Department of Health and Human Services on social media for updates Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn
- Check the USDA website: https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/emergency-allotments-121421often for updates.
- Follow Dare County Department of Health and Human Services on Facebook for updates