College of The Albemarle (COA) is launching the Jump-Start Your Tomorrow program this summer. Registration is still available, classes begin on May 31, 2022.
Jump-Start Your Tomorrow is designed to help students build a strong academic foundation, increase self-confidence, and experience success in college-level classes. The program is available for recent high school graduates or adults who may need math or English college prep courses.
In addition to college prep courses, this program also includes a College Transfer Success course which provides students information and strategies necessary to develop clear academic and professional goals beyond the community college experience.
The Jump-Start Your Tomorrow program benefits students in many ways such as:
- Opportunity to attend face-to-face classes and receive online instruction
- Connect with a dedicated success coach
- Receive academic support services
- Free course materials for ACA 122, ENG 002 and MAT 003
- Participate in enrichment and Chat-n-Chew support sessions
- Build a support system and foster relationships with classmates
- Discover opportunities for financial assistance and mentoring
The program begins on May 31, 2022, ending July 26, 2022, and will be held at COA – Elizabeth City. Transition to English (ENG 002) is scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Transition to Math (MAT 003) is scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. College Transfer Success (ACA 122) is scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. Please register today for Jump-Start Your Tomorrow… registration is open through May 26, 2022.
For questions or additional information regarding Jump-Start Your Tomorrow, please contact Lucretia White, Program Coordinator, Academic Foundations, at 252-335-0821 ext. 2406 or email@example.com.